In most cases, the mail will appear to come from your AccessNetfirstname.lastname@example.org (for example, email@example.com).
If you use TU Gmail, you can change the From address so your outgoing messages appear to be sent from your alias instead of your original email address. For Exchange users, the functionality for changing the From address is not available.
To set up your account to send from an alias as a Temple Gmail user:
- Log into your TUmail account
- Navigate to the upper-right corner, click on the Gear icon, then click Settings
- Under Settings, select the Accounts tab
- In the Accounts tab under Sent mail as, click Add another email address you own
- In the Email address field, enter the alias you created before, including @temple.edu (such as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Next Step > Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your original email address to confirm that you own it.
- Leave the Settings page by clicking on Inbox on the left side of the screen. Open the message from the Temple University Team and click the link in the message to confirm your request.
To send from an alias as a Temple Gmail user:
- Click Compose
- Navigate to the From field, click on the drop-down menu and select the alias that you wish to use.
- Note: if the From field does not display, log out of your account then log back in.
To reply or forward with an alias as a Temple Gmail user:
- Click Reply or Forward
- Next to the From field, click Change
- Then, click the Form field and select the desired alias
If you access TU Gmail using an e-mail client such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, you need to change the From address in the client.
When you subscribe to a Listserv mailing list, you are identified by your From address. If you change your From address, you may not be able to post messages to your lists. In order to post messages, you must use the same addressWas this answer useful?